Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MARY J. BLIGE 1996- 2000

1996 - This is the year Mary wins her first grammy for her collaboration with Method Man "Your All I Need". This song came out in 1995 and I rocked it until about 2000!!! 


1997-1998 This year Mary Released "Share My World" still rocking the blonde highlighted tresses mary keeps her hair at shoulder length during this time. This was also when she released her single "Not Gonna Cry" for the "Waiting to Exhale" soundtrack. I know all ladies had this in their car, portable cd player and wherever else they played music. Mary's look in this video(seem below) is so classic. The blonde/med. brown swoop under a wrap with the black sunglasses and the blonde french roll with bangs, and don't forget the black lipstick (I actually wore black lipstick during this time from MAC). Mary also experimented with platinum spirals in her video with Lil Kim "I can love you" How many of you took her picture to your hair stylist. 

1999-2000 Mary released her self titled album "Mary". She was still bringing it with the hair styles. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment