Monday, June 7, 2010

THE HAIR EVOLUTION OF MARY J. BLIGE

This week I decided to highlight on of my favorite R&B singers and hair icons, Mary J. Blige. I think Mary has worn every hair do possible since her introduction to the music world in 1992 with her album What's the 411, actually we got a glimpse of her in 1990 as a background singer for rapper Redd and singing the hook for Father MC "I'll Do 4 U". When Mary came out with her fly, exaggerated urban wear we were all in love and she has since then matured and evolved in front of our eyes. As I have been writing these posts, and listening to her past cds and watching videos I realize how much I love Mary as a R&B singer, and as a person. She has made it comfortable for someone who may have grown up with insecurities to get over them and to and feel comfortable in their own skin!!! Mary has show us that its okay to evolve as women , one women can be urban, chic, classy all in the same person!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment